Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is where the magic happens.

Before I mention my weekend, I feel I should go back a bit and catch up on studio. So, this is a picture of where you can find me almost all the time; Piazza delle Cinque Scole.


Our section of the building (when I say our, I mean ISU's) is on the third floor. And right inside that door is frescoes galore. Why? Because our studio used to be a palace, back in the day. Which is why it is beautiful on the inside. My studio is particularly wonderful, at least to me, and it is the second to last studio in the hallway, trumped only by one at the end and the lecture hall behind it:


And just to close in on my desk, which sometimes seems smaller than it should:



And that's mostly it. Unless you want to see the spectacular balcony of our studio:


I am kinda in love with it. If you catch me in studio, this is where I'll most likely try to hang out while we skype. Hmmm...not much else is particularly needed, but here is a picture of what I've spent about a week & a half of my life doing. We had to use pictures and a floorplan to make an axonometric, which is basically a 3D drawing at a 30-60 angle. Three people had the same shop as me and all of them turned out slightly different from the other. Which is why this project was pretty interesting. In any case, without further ado and more build-up than needs to be, is mine:


And that is where the magic happens.

1 comment: